Sunday 14 October 2012

Getting the Show On the Road


It is all well and good making these lovely plans isn’t it. Finding time to pull it all together is another story.
The sistech system is good while it is running. I have used it only once. There were issues with the computer in the classroom and it didn’t run as well as I had hoped. The I T department has now sorted these issues so I am ready for another crack at it next year. I have one set of cards (40 novice level) made up already and from there  it should be a mornings work to pull together another set (intermediate). Revisiting the activity later in the year.
There may well be an issue with the computer systems at block course venues not being up to scratch. Perhaps we could bring a laptop to block course. But how much stuff fits in the block course box?  The game could work with out the clickers; however the students do seem to enjoy the interaction the technology allows.

Getting the Moodle Course up and running would not be too laborious, most of the resources are there already, just a matter of putting them all in one place and writing the multi choice tests.

The word of the week would depend a fair bit on me keeping the momentum going. There has been much talk about encouraging group interaction on the forums. I think those students who do enjoy the format would contribute, hopefully taking some of the work. Those who just read will just read. They will be familiar with 40 more words by the end of the year.
The way for me to manage it would be too put a weekly alert on my computer. 5 minutes once a week is manageable

No comments:

Post a Comment